In this lesson, you can learn how to make small talk in English.
You’ll learn how small talk can help you to connect with others around you, and you’ll see examples of common small talk conversation topics in dialogues.
You’ll also see useful questions and tips you can use to make small talk in English. Do you have a similar approach to small talk, or are there differences? Let us know your thoughts in the comments, and share your ideas with English learners from all over the world!
1. What is Small Talk? 0:49
2. Small talk Topics: Where are you from? 3:49
3. Small Talk Topics: Free Time and Hobbies 6:19
4. Small Talk Topics: Family and Kids 8:45
5. Finding Things in Common 12:14
This lesson will help you:
- Understand what small talk is and why people use small talk in English.
- Get ideas of different topics you can use when you make small talk in English.
- Learn useful phrases to make small talk about where you are from.
- Find helpful vocabulary to make small talk about free time and hobbies when you make small talk.
- Learn how to discuss your family and kids when you make small talk.
- See examples of how you can talk about things you have in common when you make small talk in English.
- Learn British English